Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sorry You're Having a Ruff Day

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used a dog image I colored a few days ago for the Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge to put this one together.

Sorry You're Having a Ruff Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I used the image to make a simple outdoor scene.  I started out with a piece of pale aqua grid patterned paper, then added a green cardstock strip along the bottom.  I covered the seam between the two with a fence die cut.  The dog image was placed over the fence using foam tape for dimension.  A pinking circle "sun" in the upper left corner of the panel finished the scene.  I stamped the set's "sorry you're having a ruff day" sentiment at the bottom of the panel.  I matted it on pale aqua cardstock, then adhered it to a kraft panel over a pair of coordinating banner strips.  The finished panel was adhered to a green card base.

Materials Used:
You Make My Tail Wag stamp set, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX and Blueprints 18 dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Kiwi Kiss cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores and Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Recollections Aqua Screen designer paper (Michaels); Pinking Circles dies (Spellbinders); Picket Fence Borderdie (Taylored Expressions); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips