Sunday, August 28, 2016

You Make My Heart Melt

With summer winding down, there won't be too many more opportunities to ink up the sun-loving penguins from the My Favorite Things Penguins in Paradise set!  I used the set for my card for this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  It's kind of a loose interpretation, but if you look closely, I think you can see the layout there.

You Make My Heart Melt card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I represented the rectangular panel across the cardfront with a pair of kraft cardstock strips with torn edges to create a sandy backdrop.  The sand was topped with a palm tree and one of the set's penguin images, both colored with Copic markers and cut with the matching dies.  To give the scene some depth, I adhered the penguin with foam tape. 

The set's "you make my heart melt" sentiment was stamped on an orange fishtail flag strip and added to the left side of the card, opposite the scene elements.  I brought in a bit of pattern to the simple design by tucking a piece of gingham patterned paper just beneath the bottom edge of the layered kraft panels.  I meant to add a bit of glitter to the popsicle for an icy look.  I think I'll go do that now, before I forget again . . .

Materials Used:
Penguins in Paradise stamp set, Orange Fizz cardstock, Die-namics Penguins in Paradise and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Cool Caribbean cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips