Thursday, September 15, 2016

An Apple for Teacher

Here's my card for this month's Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  I put together this teacher themed design for my former officemate who took a new position to start the school year.  I miss her lots and want to let her know that!

An Apple for Teacher card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud
I mixed and matched elements from three Reverse Confetti sets for my card. An apple from the All Apples set is my focal image.  I used foam tape to adhere it to a notebook paper patterned panel made with a stamp from the Class Act stamp set and the matching die. I made a background for the panel by adhering a chalkboard style text stamped dark gray strip to a kraft card base over a coordinating red cardstock panel.  A narrow yellow ruler, stamped with an image from the Worm Wishes set and cut out with the matching die, added a fun contrasting pop of color. AFter I added the notebook panel on top, I scattered a trio of red enamel dots around it to complete the design.

Materials Used:
All Apples, Worm Wishes, and Class Act stamp sets, All Apples, Worm Wishes, and Class Act dies (Reverse Confetti) Cherry, Lemon Grass, and Aquamarine inks (Avery Elle); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa and Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Typewriter Text background stamp, Steel Grey and Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); red enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips