Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I Thank My Lucky Stars

I used the current sketch at Match the Sketch to put together a patriotic themed thank you card.  Nothing goes better with red, white, and blue stripes than stars, right?

I Thank My Lucky Stars for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
My red, white, and blue striped paper is an old patterned paper scrap found in my stash.  It was the perfect background for the star themed thank you sentiment from Reverse Confetti's Because of the Brave set.  I stamped the text in navy pigment ink on a cream panel, then matted it on a pair of coordinating cardstock panels.  After adding a narrow navy cardstock strip across the panel to break up the vertical stripes, I added the sentiment on top, using foam tape for dimension.  I accented it with silver die cut stars and a trio of sparkly enamel dots.  The finished panel was matted on navy cardstock, then adhered to an easy to write on light blue card base.

Materials Used:
Because of the Brave stamp set, Seeing Stars dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Night of Navy and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); designer paper (Creative Imaginations); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips