Thursday, September 8, 2016

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

One of my colleagues recently had a baby girl, so I took advantage of the occasion to create a super girly, all pink baby card to welcome her.  The clean, classic layout for the design comes from September's first Viva la Verve sketch. 

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamp from Verve Stamps
I knew I wanted to use Verve's Little Star Plain Jane as my focal image, so I stamped it in rosy pink ink on a white circle, then layered it on a pair of pink  mats for emphasis. It's hard to see in the photo, but the bottom layer has a pierced border that goes nicely with the dotted frame around the sentiment.  

To go with the sentiment, I found a scrap of pink heart patterned paper. I double matted it, just like the sentiment, then added it to a pale pink card base.  After adding a pink strip on top, covering the patterned panel's bottom edge, I added the sentiment on top.  Originally I had a trio of pink sequins lined up next to the sentiment panel, but I didn't like how that looked, so I carefully took the pieces apart and wrapped a piece of ribbon around the panel instead.  Much better!  For a final girly touch, I tucked a strip of ruffled gingham ribbon beneath the panel that runs across the card.

Materials Used:
Little Star Plain Jane (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Rose Bud ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Pink Lemonade and Ripe Raspberry cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Bundle of Joy-A New Addition 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); circle dies (Spellbinders); pink gingham trim (Hobby Lobby)

2 comments:

  1. This is just darling, Lori. The prettiest little card ever. Thanks for joining us for Viva la Verve.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips