Sunday, October 9, 2016

I Pick You

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a sweet fall themed design using the Harvest Mouse stamp set.

I Pick You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I colored the pumpkin-toting mouse image with Copic markers, then carefully cut it out.  I used foam tape to adhere the mouse to a piece of blue gingham paper set across the top of an olive green card base.  The patterned paper was edged with narrow solid blue strips to set it off from the card base.  To ground the image, I tucked a tiny strip of grass, cut with a border punch, beneath it. 

I used a pair of stitched circle dies to cut a round frame from kraft cardstock for around the image.  It was adhered to the cardfront using foam tape.  The set's "I pick you" sentiment was stamped on a kraft fishtail flag strip and adhered to the card beneath the focal image.

Materials Used:
Harvest Mouse stamp set, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Old Olive cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Spring Rain and Kraft cardstock, Spring Rain patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Stitched Circles dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips