Friday, October 14, 2016

Mazel Tov

I'll be attending a bar mitzvah at the end of the month and needed a special card for the occasion.  I created this one using design elements from the invitation and the current sketch at RetroSketches.  The layout was perfect for creating a bold design with clean lines that capture the feel of the invitation!

Mazel Tov card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud
The invitation color scheme was black and red with some black on black embossing, so I incorporated those elements into my card.  I stamped a black panel with a geometric grid background stamp using black pigment ink, then used clear embossing powder to get the tone on tone look.  After trimming the panel down a bit, I adhered it to a red card base.  The "mazel tov" sentiment from the Paper Smooches Kibitzing Two set was stamped in black ink on a narrow red cardstock strip, then heat embossed.  I adhered the strip to the cardfront, then accented it with a bunch of black enamel dots. 

Materials Used:
Kibitzing Two stamp set (Paper Smooches); Geometric Grid background stamp (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Clear embossing powder (Michaels); black enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips