Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sending Sunshine and Rainbows

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  We've had a stretch of rainy, gloomy days around here lately, so I decided that a card with a cheery and bright rainbow was in order!  I had to flip the die cut piece to the left side of the card instead of the right, but I think you can still see the bones of the layout in my design.

Sending Sunshine and Rainbows
I used MFT's End of the Rainbow die and a bunch of cardstock scraps to cut out the stitched rainbow.  The strips were assembled on a piece of pale aqua grid patterned paper.  To hide the uneven edges, I die cut a cloud from shimmery white cardstock, then adhered it over the end of the rainbow using foam tape.  The "sending sunshine and rainbows" sentiment from the Rainbow Greetings set was stamped on a silver fishtail flag strp and adhered over the cloud.  I accented the rainbow and sentiment with a trio of sparkly silver sequins.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating blue card base.

Materials Used:
Rainbow Greetings stamp set, Sno Cone cardstock, Die-namics End of the Rainbow and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, Marina Mist, Lovely Lilac, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); Recollections Aqua Grid cardstock, silver sequins (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips