Sunday, October 23, 2016

That's What You Are

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I let my dies do most of the work on this simple design.

Amazing That's What You Are card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
The focal point is the layered "amazing" die cut from the Doubly Amazing die set.  To get the dimension, I cut the word from silver cardstock, then again from craft foam. After layering the two pieces, I adhered them to the striped patterned paper panel. The rest of the sentiment ("that's what you are") from the Amazing stamp set was stamped in blue ink on a narrow green fishtail flag strip.  I placed the strip just beneath the die cut word, positioning the straight edge flush with the edge of the patterned panel.  A trio of coordinating blue enamel dots was arranged around the words, then the finished panel was adhered to a light blue card base.

Materials Used:
Amazing stamp set, Die-namics Doubly Amazing and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Bahama Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Spring Rain and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink);  Recollections silver cardstock (Michaels); Down by the Shore 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants Designs); blue enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); craft foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips