Thursday, October 20, 2016

Worm Wishes

Here's my card for October's Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  I used the adorable Worm Wishes set to put together my card.

Worm Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse ConfettiI stamped the set's "worm wishes for a happy day" sentiment on a round panel, then added the worm image on top as an accent, using foam tape for dimension. It doesn't show so well in the photo, but I stamped the worm's body with the matching striped image using green ink.  Next time, I may color the body first, then stamp the stripes in a contrasting color. 

For the background, I adhered a green gingham-like patterned paper panel on a green cardstock panel. After adhering a kraft strip over the green papers, I placed a yellow ruler along the strip's bottom edge, then added the sentiment panel on top.  A few red enamel dots added a bit of contrasting color and pop.  The finished panel was adhered to a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Worm Wishes stamp set, Worm Wishes dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Pear Tart inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); Spring Moss and Kraft cardstock, Simply Chartreuse patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Spellbinders); red enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. eep! This is adorable Lori!
    Thanks for joining us for the October SFYTT - Reverse Confetti♡

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips