Tuesday, October 25, 2016

You Make Me Smile

Here's my card for the current sketch at Retro Sketches.  The card uses stamps and dies from a new to me company, Honey Bee Designs.  I couldn't resist their versatile Smile stamp set and coordinating word die!

I made the die cut word the focal image of my card by cutting the word from kraft cardstock and craft foam.  The die cut pieces were layered for dimension, then adhered to a simple cream die cut tag.  I stamped "you make me" just above the die cut in brown ink.  The top of the tag was dressed up with a scrap of pink dotted organza ribbon secured with a piece of twine.

I covered a pink card base with a pink on pink patterned paper panel, then added a strip of kraft cardstock to the left side of the cardfront. The tag was placed on top. I accented it with a pair of pink die cut stitched hearts.

Materials Used:
Smile stamp set, Smile die (Honey Bee Stamps); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Sweet Blush, Lovely Lady, and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Style Essentials-Lt. Pink Quatrefoil designer paper (Echo Park); Die-namics Traditional Tag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Of the Heart dies (Lil' Inker Designs); pink dotted ribbon (Michaels); twine (Lawn Fawn); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful take on this weeks sketch! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips