Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanks a Lot

Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm looking forward to celebrating later on today with my family.  In the meantime, I though I'd share this thank you themed design inspired by this month's Paper Smooches "thanks" themed challenge.

Thanks a Lot card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smoochesw
In addition to being inspired by the challenge theme, I was also inspired by elements of the challenge graphic--the round shape of the wreath and the neutral color scheme.  I created a sort-of wreath using a loopy pile of thick twine and an image from the Paper Smooches Best Buds set.  The image was stamped on cream cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I don't usually color with soft colors like this, so coloring this image was somewhat of a challenge!  Once I finished coloring, I carefully cut the image out and used some strategically positioned foam tape to place the image over the twine on the pale yellow card base.  A trio of gold sequins completed the simple design.

Materials Used:
Best Buds stamp set (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin' Up!); twine (Lawn Fawn); gold sequins; foam tape



1 comment:

 
Blogging tips