Saturday, January 14, 2017

Classic Thanks

I used this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge to put together a classic thank you design.  You can never have too many thank you cards in your stash, right?

Thanks card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from My Favorite Things
My stamp-free design uses the "thanks" die from the Die-namics Thanks & Hello set for the message.  I cut the word from both sparkly silver cardstock and craft foam.  After layering the die cut pieces, I adhered them to a golden yellow fishtail flag panel.  The flag was adhered to a piece of gray grid patterned paper from one of MFT's paper pads. I edged the patterned panel with a narrow strip of silver cardstock, then adhered it to a dark gray card base.  I thought about adding some sequins or enamel dots or maybe even stamping a sentiment, but in the end, decided to keep the design super simple.

Materials Used:
Steel Grey cardstock, Fun & Frolic 6x6 paper pad, Die-namics Thanks & Hello and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Recollections silver cardstock (Michaels); craft foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips