Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Feel Better Soon

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  This is one of those designs that worked better in my mind than it did on paper . . .

Feel Better Soon card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I represented each of the layout's rectangles with a Band-Aid made with MFT's Die-namics Band-Aids dies.  MFT's Insulation Pink cardstock was the perfect color for these!  I placed them on the blue gingham background, but they looked a little too random, so I grounded them with light blue cardstock panels.  Adding the little pops of red from the hearts helped a bit, too.

The "feel better soon" sentiment from the Get Well Wishes set was stamped underneath the top die cut in navy pigment ink. After edging the gingham panel with a narrow strip of navy blue cardstock, I adhered it to a coordinating blue card base.

Materials Used:
Get Well Wishes stamp set, Insulation Pink cardstock, Farm Fresh Gingham 6x6 paper pad, Die-namics Band-Aids dies (My Favorite Things); Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips