Thursday, March 2, 2017

Grateful for You

Here's my card for the current (for a few more minutes) sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I did some double-time stamping with pigment inks on kraft cardstock to put together this thank you card.

Grateful for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Concord & 9th
The leaves are from Concord & 9th's Give Thanks set.  I stamped the solid image first in green ink, then went back and stamped the leaf's veins and stem on top in brown ink.  To soften the look of the stamped images, I rubbed the edges of the panel with a bit of brown distress ink.  The center panel was adhered with removable adhesive, then lifted after I finished stamping.  I matted it on green cardstock, then replaced it at the center of the stamped panel. 

For the sentiment, I die cut the word "grateful" from dark brown cardstock and craft foam using one of the Grateful Leaf dies.  After layering the two die cuts, I adhered them to the center panel.  I combined two stamps from the Kindhearted set to get the "for you" that I stamped on green cardstock and adhered beneath the die cut word to complete the sentiment.  The finished panel was adhered to a green card base matching the mat I used for the image panel.

Materials Used:
Give Thanks and Kindhearted stamp sets, Grateful Leaf dies (Concord & 9th); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Lemon Grass pigment ink (Avery Elle); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Spring Moss and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); oval dies (Spellbinders); craft foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips