Sunday, March 19, 2017

Some Days

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the You Make My Tail stamp set for a fun little scene.

I stamped and colored the set's fire hydrant image and one of the dog images, then used the matching dies to cut out the colored images.  I arranged the images on a blue circle with a strip of green "grass" along the bottom, using foam tape to adhere the dog for dimension. After matting the image panel on contrasting red cardstock, I adhered the panel to a blue card base with a piece of green chevron patterned paper adhered at the top. For interest, the chevron panel was cut along the bottom edge with the Stitched Basic Edges die.

The "some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant" sentiment was stamped on a long white fishtail flag strip.  I positioned it along the bottom of the image panel, then added another contrasting fishtail flag strip to the top of the cardfront to complete the design.

Materials Used:
You Make My Tail Wag stamp set, Sno Cone and Sour Apple cardstock, Calm and Cozy Chevron 6x6 paper pad, Die-namics You Make My Tail Wag, Stitched Basic Edges, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips