Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Happy Bear-thday

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge, once again just before the challenge comes to an end.  I used the layout and the Beary Special Birthday stamps and dies to create a child-friendly birthday card.

Happy Bear-thday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsThe cheery color scheme for my card came from the scrap strip of patterned paper placed along the left edge of the cardfront.  I paired the plaid with a sunny yellow cardstock panel and a blue pierced oval frame.  After I colored the balloon-holding bear image with Copic markers and cut it out with the matching die, I used foam tape to position the bear inside the oval frame.  I stamped the set's "happy bear-thday" sentiment on a blue pierced fishtail flag strip and adhered it to the cardfront beneath the framed image.  The yellow panel was placed on the cardfront using foam tape to give the design dimension while keeping it easy to mail.

Materials Used:
Beary Special Birthday stamp set, Lemon Drop cardstock, Die-namics Beary Special Birthday, Pierced Oval STAX, and Blueprints 21 dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Blueberry Sky cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Hip Hip Hooray 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips