Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Somebunny Is Thinking of You

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I made a card with a spring-like feel using pastel colors and MFT's Somebunny stamps and dies.

Somebunny Is Thinking of You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I colored up one of the set's bunny images using Copic markers, then used the matching dies to cut out the colored image.  The background for the image was made from a piece of multicolored plaid paper that I layered on to a pale purple panel die cut with the large frame from the Blueprints 24 set.  After placing the pale purple panel on a darker purple cardfront, I adhered a pale purple cardstock strip across the top of the card, then added the bunny on top, using foam tape for dimension.  The set's "somebunny is thinking of you" sentiment was stamped on a white fishtail flag die cut and placed on the card with the straight edge tucked underneath the raised bunny image.

Materials Used:
Somebunny stamp set, Die-namics Somebunny, Blueprints 24, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Lilac Grace cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Grape Soda cardstock (Reverse Confetti); Perfectly Plaid-Rainbow 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips