Sunday, May 14, 2017

You Brighten My Day

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  This design came together super quick using the Watt's Up? stamp set from SugarPea Designs.

You Brighten My Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
I stamped two of the set's light bulb images on a narrow white panel, using a fine tip pen to extend the images to the top of the panel.  The bulbs were colored with Copic markers.  I was going for a glow-like look for the bulbs, so I lightly shaded the bulbs with pale blue, then outlined the images in yeullow.  The bulbs were coated with a light layer of clear glitter from a glitter pen for added sparkle and shine.  After matting the image panel on yellow cardstock, I adhered it to a gray card base.  The set's "you brighten my day" sentiment was stamped on a narrow strip of cardstock and matted on yellow cardstock.  I added it to the cardfront and accented it with a trio of sparkly silver sequins.

Materials Used:
Watt's Up? stamp set (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Lemon Drop and Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); silver sequins

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I always love a matching sentiment and image combo - this one makes me smile. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips