Sunday, June 4, 2017

Bold Birthday

Happy Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from Lil' Inker Designs
I'm building up my stash of birthday cards and just added this one to the pile.  The layout for this stamp-free design is from the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches

Instead of a stamped sentiment, I used the die cut "happy birthday" from Lil' Inker Designs. I cut the word from orange cardstock, then adhered it to a contrasting red cardstock panel.  I placed the red panel at the top of a vibrant plaid patterned paper panel.  Even with the vibrant colors, I still think the paper gives the design a masculine look and feel.  Half of a kraft stitched circle was placed just beneath the die cut words.  I hid the seam between the two pieces with a narrow strip of teal blue cardstock.  I adhered the pieces to a coordinating piece of orange cardstock, then layered the panel on to a red card base.  I cut two stitched banner strips, one from red and one from orange cardstock, and placed the banners on the cardfront, tucking one end of each banner underneath the teal strip for a clean look.  A shiny die cut gold stitched star placed on top of the banner strips with foam tape completed the design.

Materials Used:
Happy Birthday, Stitched Circles, Stitched Stars, and Stitched Sentiment Flag dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Poppy Parade and Bermuda Bay cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Orange Fizz cardstock (My Favorite Things); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); gold paper (Target); Perfectly Plaid Fall 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. I love how you've used the sketch, and this color combo is masculine yet festive. Always great to see you in the gallery at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This die is tailor-made for the sketch. The papers/colors really are great for a masculine card but anyone would be thrilled to get it. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips