Sunday, August 20, 2017

Cheers to You

Cheers to You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confetti
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  With summer starting to wind down (how did that happen??!!), I thought I'd put together a seasonal creation featuring bold, bright colors and a tropical drink. 

My focal image is from Reverse Confetti's Mahalo stamp set.  Instead of coloring the image, I used the set's solid image stamps and pigment inks to fill in the outline.  Since I forgot to order the matching dies when I ordered this set (need to remember to do that next time I place an order . . .) I cut the image out by hand, then used foam tape to adhere it to an angled orange panel.  The set's "cheers to you" sentiment was stamped on an angle in pink pigment ink, then heat embossed in pink for a nice pop against the orange panel.  I used more foam tape to adhere the angled panel to the top of a yellow card base with a fun and summery madras plaid panel centered on it.

Materials Used:
Mahalo stamp set (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Luxe Rose Bud, Dandelion, and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Lemon Drop and Orange Fizz cardstock (My Favorite Things); Perfectly Plaid 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); Zing Grapefruit embossing powder (American Crafts); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. These colors are perfect for your tropical drink! I love that plaid background! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your lay out and the colors you used. i especially like the angled look of the orange paper and how it fit well with the rest of the card.Kkeep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love those bright colours and your coconut drink! Helps me believe summer is going to keep on going! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fabulous card! I love your choice of image and colours! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips