Friday, August 25, 2017

Wonderful Marvelous You

Wonderful Marvelous You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
Here's my card for this month's Viva la Verve sketch.  I paired some pretty patterned paper scraps with one of Verve's great sentiment sets for my design.

I mixed and matched an assortment of different scraps from the same patterned paper pad until I settled on a combination I liked. The strips were trimmed to size and adhered to a dark gray mat.  I adhered the mat to a pale gray panel with a wide pomegranate cardstock strip along the bottom. THe dark gray background really makes the patterns pop!  For a feminine touch, I edged the pomegranate strip with a bit of cream trip.  The "wonderful marvelous you" sentiment from Verve's Wonderful Marvelous set was stamped on a pale gray pierced circle die cut.  After matting the sentiment on a gray mat, I adhered it to the light gray panel.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating pomegranate card base.

Materials Used:
Wonderful Marvelous stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Purely Pomegranate cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Grout Gray and Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Here Is Happy Record It! 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); cream trim (Hobby Lobby)

2 comments:

  1. Pretty card Lori! I love the patterned papers you used for the center panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card, Lori! So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips