Saturday, September 30, 2017

Fall Inspired Thanks

Fall Inspired Thanks card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
Here's my card for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used the layout along with stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti to create a fall inspired thank you card,  The larger of the two Swirlies dies was used to represent the layout's round element.  For dimension I die cut the piece three times from kraft cardstock, then layered the pieces before adhering them to a cream panel over a strip of woodgrain patterned washi tape. 

I accented the wreath-like piece with a pumpkin from RC's Forever Fall set. For the sentiment, I stamped the "thanks" sentiment from the In a Big Way set in brown pigment ink on an olive banner strip.  I added the sentiment strip to the panel, tucking one end beneath the pumpkin image.  It looked a little plain, so I arranged a trio of orange enamel dots around the sentiment strip for a final pop of color.  The finished panel was adhered to an olive green card base.

Materials Used:
Forever Fall and In a Big Way stamp sets, Swirlies and Tag Me dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Pistachio, Morocco, and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Old Olive and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); woodgrain washi tape (Hobby Lobby); orange enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips