Thursday, September 28, 2017

Merry & Bright

Merry & Bright card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from The Cat's Pajamas
Here's my card for this month's TCP Tuesday holiday themed challenge and the current challenge at The Paper Players.  I combined an image from the Santa is Coming set from The Cat's Pajamas that I'd colored earlier this month as part of the Daily Marker 30 Day challenge with the sketch for this fun holiday card.  Who can resist that cute big eared bunny?  I know I can't!

I colored up the bunny and light bulb image with Copic markers, then carefully cut out the colored image.  I used foam tape to adhere the image to a shiny silver cardstock panel.  After matting the panel on gray cardstock, I adhered it to a red card base, overlapping a festive dotted red patterned paper panel.  The set's "may your days be merry and bright" sentiment was stamped on a red double ended banner strip and adhered over the two panels on the cardfront to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Santa Is Coming stamp set (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); Merry and Bright 6x6 paper pad (Carta Bella); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous Santa image. The touch of blue for the mat really makes him pop. Great take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips