Saturday, October 21, 2017

Boo!

Boo! card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I combined the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme, spooky theme, and striped pattern) to create my card.  I used the layout's large round panel as a moon.  My moon was cut from lime green cardstock, then debossed with a polka dot panel to get a crater-like appearance.  I adhered it to a gray cardstock panel over a long black and white striped fishtail flag strip. 

To go with the moon, I stamped the ghost image from the Paper Smooches Spookalicious stamp set in white pigment ink on white vellum, then heat embossed the image.  After cutting out the image, I adhered it to the top of the moon using some vellum-friendly adhesive.  The "boo!" sentiment from the Halloweenies set was stamped to the right of the round panel in white ink and also heat embossed to pop against the gray background.  The finished panel was adhered to a lime green panel to match the moon.

Materials Used:
Spookalicious and Halloweenies stamp sets (Paper Smooches); Memento Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Limeade Ice cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); white vellum (Stampin' Up!); Dots and Stripes-Soda Fountain 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); Recollections Snow embossing powder (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. An impressive take on the sketch/image, Lori! Your transparent ghost is awesome! Thank you for joining the FUSION gallery for this challenge; hope to see you in the next one!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! I love the vellum ghost. :-) Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips