Sunday, October 8, 2017

Thanks for Making a Difference

Thanks for Making a Difference card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
Here's my card for this week's sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I used the Class Act stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs on this sweet teacher thank you card. 

The teacher image was colored with Copic markers and cut out with the matching die.  I meant to coat the lenses in the eyeglasses with some Glossy Accents, but I forgot to do that before taking a picture of the card.  Maybe that's not such a bad thing, since it seems like when I use Glossy Accents, I always end up smearing the stuff before it dries . . .  Anyway, the image was added to a round panel and matted on contrasting red.  I adhered the circles to a golden yellow card base over a strip of plaid paper that's a scrap from an old patterned paper panel, then trimmed the little round edge that hung off over the card base.  The set's thank you sentiment was stamped just above the patterned paper strip in black ink. 

Materials Used:
Class Act stamp set, Class Act dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Playdate 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips