Saturday, November 11, 2017

Back to the 'Burbs

Thinking of You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
The current Lawn Fawnatics challenge calls for using your very first Lawn Fawn stamp set.  I went way, way back in my Lawn Fawn collection and dug up the classic Critters in the 'Burbs set for my card.

I used the set's dog and tree images to make a simple scene.  The dog was colored with Copic markers and cut out by hand.  When I got this set, dies weren't yet available!  The treetop was paper pieced with a scrap of green dotted patterned paper.  I adhered it with foam tape for dimension.  The tree and dog were arranged on a blue striped panel fished out of my scrap bin.  I added some die cut "grass" strips along the bottom and a sun with stitched clouds at the top.  Since this is a "throwback" challenge, I did something I haven't done in a long time--finished the sun off with a twine tied button!  The "thinking of you" sentiment from the now-retired Sophie's Sentiments set was stamped at the bottom of the card in black ink.  I adhered the finished panel to a coordinating teal card base.

Materials Used:
Critters in the 'Burbs and Sophie's Sentiments stamp sets, Spring Showers dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Taken with Teal, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); striped designer paper (Echo Park); dotted designer paper (October Afternoon); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant);  yellow baker's twine (Divine Twine); yellow button; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. eeeek!! this is SOOOO adorable!!! i LOVE the sun!!! wow!!! the detail there is soooo special!!! and that pup is just soooo adorable! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips