Saturday, March 24, 2018

Mission Accomplished

Mission Accomplished card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Mama Elephant
One of my friends recently accepted a new position, so I put together this fun card to congratulate her.  The layout is based on the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I started out by creating a background from distress oxides and water on a watercolor paper panel. While it dried, I stamped and colored one of the bear images from Mama Elephant's Space Bears stamp sets.  I also cut out a shimmery white circle for a moon.  After debossing a polka dot pattern onto the circle for a crater-like look, I adhered the circle to the bottom left corner of the background panel, then trimmed down the edges. I positioned a silver cardstock strip across the panel, overlapping the die cut circle, then added the image ontop, using foam tape for dimension.  The set's congratulatory sentiment was stamped at the right end of the silver strip.  I added a few silver glitter enamel dots around the panels as star-like accents, then adhered the panel to a coordinating purple card base to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Space Bears stamp set, Space Bears dies (Mama Elephant); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Faded Jeans, Broken China, and Wilted Violet distress oxides (Ranger); markers (Copic); Elegant Eggplant and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dot embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); silver enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I love the big circle as the moon!! How perfect for the sweet space bear. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips