Monday, May 28, 2018

May Your Glass Always Be Full

May Your Glass Always Be Full card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I paired the sketch with the new Martini Time stamp set and dies and the current MFT color challenge for this fun, fresh design.

I started off with a Summer Splash card base with a large Sno Cone pierced circle die cut on top.  A long double ended fishtail flag strip, cut from Peach Bellini cardstock, was placed across the circle.  The Lemon Drop martini glass and lemon were stamped on white cardstock with a lemon yellow pigment ink.  The ink is a pale color, so for extra contrast, I used my MISTI and did a little repeat stamping.  After die cutting the images, I arranged them on the circle, using foam tape to give the glass some dimension.  The fishtail flag strip helps to ground the images and adds a bit of contrasting color, too.  The set's "may your glass always be full" sentiment was stamped to the left of the glass in Summer Splash ink. A trio of clear jewels were added around the fishtail flag strip for a bit of fun sparkle.

Materials Used:
Martini Time stamp set, Summer Splash dye and Lemon Chiffon pigment inks, Summer Splash, Sno Cone, and Peach Bellini cardstock, Die-namics Martini Time, Pierced Circle STAX, and Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Sparkling Clear jewels (Pretty Pink Posh); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips