Saturday, May 26, 2018

Spring | Summer 2018 Coffee Loving Paper Crafters Blog Hop



Here's my entry for the Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Bloghop.  I used Kerry's latest Sunday Sip 'n Share sketch as the basis for my patriotic themed design featuring digital images from Verve Stamps.

I'd Like to Espresso My Thanks card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-digital images from Verve StampsAfter resizing the images from the Three Cheers digi set to fit my design, I used my laser printer to print out the stars and stripes to go cup and sentiment on cardstock.  The cup was colored with Copic markers, then cut out by hand.  I planned to edge the red panel with the thank you sentiment with a star border punch, but when I went to use the punch, it wouldn't work!  I tried a few different things to fix it, but no luck, so no stars.  I topped the sentiment panel with a strip of star patterned paper. The seam between the two panels was hidden with a piece of silver glitter tape.  I matted the panel on silver cardstock, thne adhered it to a navy blue card base.  The cut out to go cup was positioned over the patterned paper and sentiment panel using foam tape for dimension.  I added a trio of clear jewels around the cup as an accent. These little jewels are quickly becoming one of my go-to embellishments, so don't be surprised if you see them shown off here again soon ...

Materials Used:
Three Cheers digi stamp set (Verve Stamps); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Americana 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); silver glitter tape (Target); Sparkling Clear jewels (Pretty Pink Posh); foam tape

14 comments:

  1. Such a fun card, Lori! Love the clear jewels and the patriotic theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty patriotic coffee cup card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Such a festive card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweet patriotic card. THanks for sharing this, and have a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool patriotic card and so well designed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great red white and blue coffee card. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, this is wonderful! Such a fun + festive design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! So much fun and great colors for a summer card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this awesome red, white, and blue coffee card Lori! Perfect for Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips