Friday, June 8, 2018

A Bear, Balloons, and a Birthday Cake

Happy Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
The theme for this month's My Favorite Things Birthday Project challenge is candles, cake, and cupcakes.  I thought that this sweet cake-toting bear would be a perfect fit for the theme!  The bear and balloon images were colored with Copic markers and cut out with the matching dies.  I used foam tape to adhere the bear image to a pink pierced circle die cut, then tucked the balloons behind it.  After adhering the circle to a cheery yellow gingham patterned paper panel, I trimmed off the edge of the circle so it was flush with the panel's edge, then adhered the panel to a coordinating lemony yellow card base.  For the sentiment, I stamped the curved "happy birthday" sentiment from the Make a Wish set along the edge of the round panel in black ink.

Materials Used:
Beary Special Birthday and Make a Wish stamp sets, Beary Special Birthday and Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Lemon Tart and Pale Peony cardstock, Lemon Tart patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips