Monday, June 4, 2018

Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I heard some exciting news from a dear friend last week and had to make a card to mark the occasion.  This wedding card that will be on its way to my friend shortly is based on the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I die cut a pale gray panel using a large dotted rectangle from the Blueprints 21 die set, then adhered a trio of silver cardstock strips across the panel. The strips were topped with a pair of champagne glasses that I created with vellum cardstock, gold paper, and MFT's Champagne Glass dies.  I accented them with a trio of silver sequins.  The "happily ever after" sentiment from the Essential Sentiments set was stamped on the bottom silver strip in gold ink, then heat embossed in gold to stand out.  The finished panel was adhered to a darker gray card base.  I lined the inside of the card with a white cardstock panel so that I could write my message to the happy couple before sending the card off.

Materials Used:
Essential Sentiments stamp set, Grout Gray and Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Layered Champagne Glass and Blueprints 21 dies (My Favorite Things); Delicata Golden Glitz ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); vellum cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold and silver paper (Target); Zing! Gold embossing powder (American Crafts); silver sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips