Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Have a Monstrous Birthday

Have a Monstrous Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used a primary color scheme along with the Monster Love stamp set for a birthday card that's perfect for a little boy.

I used pigment inks to stamp two of the set's monster images on white squares.  The squares were adhered to a yellow card base, then framed with contrasting red stitched frame die cuts.  I used foam to adhere the frames to give the design some dimension.  One of the set's birthday sentiments was stamped on a blue cardstock strip.  After cutting the strip's edge on an angle, I used more foam tape to position the sentiment on the cardfront to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Monster Love stamp set, Lemon Drop cardstock, Die-namics Single Stitch Line Square Frames STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Luxe Love Letter and Bahama Blue inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red and Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips