Friday, June 15, 2018

Make a Wish

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme and cupcake theme!) to come up with this super sweet birthday card. 

Make a Wish card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Avery Elle
My pretty cupcake is from Avery Elle's Bring on the Cake stamp set.  I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out with the matching die. In a nod to the elegant decor on the cupcakes in the inspiration photo, I dressed up my cupcake with a teeny, tiny paper flower with a teeny, tiny self-adhesive pearl at the center.   The cupcake was adhered to a kraft oval using foam tape for dimension.  For the background, I covered the bottom of a white panel with a piece of pale blue embossed cardstock.  It's been a while since I used an embossed panel on a card!  I edged the embossed section with a length of delicate lace, then topped it with the cupcake image.  The "make a wish" sentiment from Avery Elle's Cupcake stamp set was stamped to the right of the image panel in kraft colored ink.  I used foam tape to adhere the finished panel to a white card base.  The little bit of dimension helps the panel to pop against the white background.

Materials Used:
Bring on the Cake and Cupcake stamp sets, Bring on the Cake dies (Avery Elle); Memento Tuxedo Black and Toffee Crunch inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Sno Cone cardstock (My Favorite Things); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); oval dies (Spellbinders); Moroccan Screen embossing folder (Cuttlebug); white trim (Hobby Lobby); paper flower (Prima); white self-adhesive pearl; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Copic coloring on your cupcake, Lori! I love how you added a touch of lace to your design, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet as can Be! Love the lace and texture! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cupcake Lori - just perfect! So glad you joined in the fun @ Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips