Saturday, July 28, 2018

Dropping You a Lime

The theme for the current Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge is mixed media. That's not really my strong point, but I gave a it a shot on this card!

Dropping You a Lime card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Concord & 9th
I started out by stamping images from Concord & 9th's Orange You Sweet set on a white watercolor paper panel in white pigment ink (medium #1). The stamped images were heat embossed so I could watercolor over them (medium #2).  I used Clean Color markers to add color to the panel, then spread the color with an aqua brush.  My photo doesn't do a great job of doing the soft fade of color that I did to the edge of the paper--it looks much more severe in the photo than it does IRL ...  I adhered the panel to a coordinating lime green cardfront, then added the "dropping you a lime" sentiment on top, using foam tape for dimension.  The sentiment was accented with a trio of white matte enamel dots.

Materials Used:
Orange You Sweet stamp set (Concord & 9th); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress and VersaFine Clair Nocturne inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Clean Color markers (Zig); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Snow embossing powder (Recollections); white matte enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a stunning display, love the softness. Thanks for playing along at WCM9 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips