Sunday, July 8, 2018

Smile It's Your Birthday

Smile It's Your Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  Using some fun striped and dotted patterned paper from my stash of 12x12 papers helped me to put this birthday design together in no time at all.

I decided on the orientation I liked for the stripes on the cardfront, then trimmed my patterned paper to size.  After adhering it to the orange card base, I added a coordinating golden yellow cardstock strip on top for part of the sentiment.  The "it's your birthday" sentiment from the All Smiles stamp set was stamped on the strip in aqua ink. To go with the phrase, I die cut the word "smile" from the Sending Hugs die set from both turquoise cardstock and craft foam.  After layering the pieces for dimension, I adhered the word just above the golden yellow cardstock strip.  A trio of white matte enamel dots were arranged around the strip as an accent. 

Materials Used:
All Smiles stamp set, Summer Splash ink, Orange Fizz cardstock, Die-namics Sending Hugs dies (My Favorite Things); Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Baby Boy-Wild About You designer paper (Bella Blvd); white matte enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); craft foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips