Thursday, July 12, 2018

Wishing You Peace and Joy

Wishing You Peace & Joy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
Here's my clean and simple design for the current sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  A little ink blending and an eye-catching die cut were the only elements that I needed for my pretty holiday design.

I used some sticky notes to mask off a rectangular block on a white cardstock panel. This allowed me to get a clean, crisp strip of color using distress oxides and an ink applicator.  The "wishing you peace and joy" sentiment from the SugarPea Designs Flurry of Warm Wishes set was stamped in black ink directly on the inked rectangle.  I adhered a pretty snowflake die cut from silver glitter cardstock to the end of the inked panel. The flake has been in my pile of leftovers for a while, just waiting for the right project to come along and this was definitely it!  The center of the flake was dotted with a large clear crystal for even more bling.  I matted the finished panel on red cardstock, then adhered it to a coordinating aqua card base.

Materials Used:
Flurry of Warm Wishes stamp set (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Broken China distress oxide (Ranger); Pure Poppy and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); silver glitter cardstock (Michaels); clear self-adhesive crystal

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips