Saturday, August 11, 2018

Hello Honey

Here's my card for the current Global Design Project challenge.  I paired the sketch with one of my favorite Paper Smooches stamp sets for this sweet design.  I'm also sharing this card for this month's Paper Smooches Anything Goes challenge.

Hello Honey card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I colored up a bee from the Bee Mine stamp set using Copic markers.  After cutting out the image with the matching die, I added a bit of sparkle to the bee's wings with a clear glitter brush pen.  For the background, I cut three strips of honeycomb patterned paper.  The strips were adhered to kraft mats, then arranged on a yellow cardstock panel.  For contrast, I adhered a red fishtail flag strip across the panel.  It was topped with a kraft strip stamped with the set's "hello honey" sentiment.  I added the bee to the left side using foam tape for dimension, then added a pair of yellow enamel dots as an accent. The finished panel was adhered to a yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Bee Mine stamp set, Bee Mine Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Country Drive-Bee's Knees designer paper (Echo Park); yellow enamel dots (Doodlebug Design); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips