Friday, August 3, 2018

Your Sparkle Has Not Gone Unnoticed

Your Sparkle Has Not Gone Unnoticed card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Ellen Hutson
I recently added the Essentials by Ellen Unicorns 'n Rainbows and Pure Magic stamp sets from Ellen Hutson to my collection, so I had to try them out for her July's Color Trend Challenge.  I colored up the unicorn image in shades of pink and purple, then used my Brother Scan 'n Cut to cut out the colored image.  It doesn't show in the photo, but I added a subtle sparkle to the unicorn's mane and tail using a glitter brush pen.  A unicorn's got to have some sparkle, right?

To make a background for the unicorn, I arranged a trio of stitched shimmery white die cut clouds on an aqua card base. The unicorn was positioned on top, using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the "your sparkle has not gone unnoticed" sentiment just beneath the clouds in black ink, then sprinkled a few pink sequins around as an accent to finish the card.
 
Materials Used:
Unicorns 'n Rainbows and Pure Magic stamp sets (Essentials by Ellen); Memento Tuxedo Black and VersaFine Clair Nocturne inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); Stitched Cloud dies (The Cat's Pajamas); pink sequins; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips