Thursday, September 6, 2018

You're the Marshmallows to My Cocoa

I had another new Lawn Fawn stamp set on my desk from their recent winter release, so I tried it out for the current challenge at Sunday Stamps.  The Thanks a Latte set paired perfectly with LF's Knit Picky patterned paper! 

You're the Marshmallows to My Cocoa card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
I stamped one of the set's mug images and added in the marshmallow image, too.  After coloring the image with Copic markers and cutting it out with my Scan 'n Cut, I used foam tape to adhere it to a pair of layered circles.  The circles were adhered to an angled piece of knit patterned paper.  I thought about adding the mug image directly to the patterned panel, but it needed the solid background to set it off from the busy pattern.

I adhered the angled panel to a red cardstock panel that was layered on to a pink cardfront.  I stamped the "you're the marshmallows to my cocoa" sentiment on a pink cardstock strip.  The sentiment was added to the cardfront, tucking one end beneath the mug image for a clean look.

Materials Used:
Thanks a Latte stamp set, Knit Picky 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Lori - such a cute stamp, and what perfect paper to go behind it! Warm and comfie! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and that sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips