Sunday, January 13, 2019

Bee-lated Birthday Wishes

Happy Bee-lated Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the Meant to Bee set to create a belated birthday card.  For the focal image, I colored up the set's beehive image and a pair of bees.  After cutting out the colored images, I used foam tape to arrange them to a blue pierced circle.  The round panel was adhered to a piece of yellow floral paper.  I matted the floral panel on yellow cardstock before adhering it to the top of a blue card base.  I adhered a strip of the same yellow cardstock along the bottom of the panel and accented it with a length of yellow baker's twine secured with a bow.  There was just enough room between the top and bottom panels to stamp the set's belated birthday sentiment in black ink.

Materials Used:
Meant to Bee stamp set, Lemon Drop cardstock, Meant to Bee and Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Happy Day-Streamers designer paper (SEI); yellow baker's twine; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips