Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Happiness Is

Here's my card for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge that ends this morning.  I used the layout for a friendship themed design featuring MFT's coffee themed Friends at First Sip stamp set.

Happiness Is card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I colored the coffee drinking gal image with Copic markers, then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored image.  The image was adhered to a blue panel with a strip of "sidewalk" at the bottom.  I edged the blue panel with narrow strips of red cardstock to match the color of the image's coat before adhering the panel to a pink card base.  I planned to stamp the sentiment on three fishtail flag strips and even got as far as stamping the text and setting the strips on the cardfront to test the position.  It looked too busy for me, so instead, I stamped a three line sentiment to the left of the image to represent the trio of fishtail flag strips.

Materials Used:
Friends at First Sip stamp set, Bubblegum cardstock (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips