Thursday, May 16, 2019

Happy Dance

The theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is pet love.  I have a pair of dogs--both goldendoodles, one standard and one super mini--so I had to create a dog themed design for the challenge.

Happy Dance card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
My dog image is from Lawn Fawn's Happy Howlidays set.  I colored the image up with Copic markers, then cut it out with the matching die.  I made a background for the image from an aqua panel I dressed up with a strip of green "grass" and the sun and clouds from LF's Spring Showers die set.  The image was added to the scene using foam tape.  I also stamped the set's two little lines above the dog's tail to show motion--a doggy happy dance! 

The panel was adhered to a piece of floral paper from the Spring Fling paper pad with a strip of coordinating yellow cardstock adhered across it.  I stamped the "you make me do a happy dance" sentiment from the Happy Happy Happy set on the panels.  I stamped the "happy" on yellow cardstock and cut out the piece with the coordinating die.  I also cut the word out from craft foam, then layered the two pieces for dimension.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating cheery yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Happy Howlidays and Happy Happy Happy stamp sets, Spring Fling 6x6 paper pad, Happy Howlidays, Spring Showers, and Happy Happy Happy dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Bright Buttercup and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Cool Caribbean cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Stardream Crystal metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); Grass border punch (Fiskars); craft foam; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. eeeeeep!! oh my goodness! this is SO cute!! the sentiment is the best!! hands down!! i love it! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Lori, What a super sweet take on our pet - love challenge! Love your little scene! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at the Lawnfawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips