Tuesday, September 17, 2019

I Mean It

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used MFT's Staggered Heart Border dies as the centerpiece for this love themed design.

I Mean It card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I cut the border strip from red cardstock and set it aside while I covered the bottom half of a pink card base with a piece of arrow patterned paper.  After adding a narrow strip of coordinating blue cardstock across the top edge of the patterned paper panel, I positioned the heart border strip on top using foam tape for dimension.  I filled in the open hearts with gray hearts cut with the set's other dies for some contrast.  The "I love you.  I mean it." sentiment from the Essential Sentiments stamp set was stamped just above the row of hearts in dark red ink.  The simple block text sentiment was the perfect finish for the design!

Materials Used:
Essential Sentiments stamp set, Pink Lemonade, Steel Grey, and Blu Raspberry cardstock, Staggered Heart Border dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Cut and Paste-Flair 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips