Sunday, September 29, 2019

You're a Gem

Here's my card for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used dies from Concord & 9th for this simple design.

You're a Gem card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from Concord & 9th
My focal image is a die cut faceted gem created with a die from the Gem die set.  I cut the gem and facets from silver cardstock and layered the pieces for dimension.  Originally, I planned to inlay the die cut inside the black panel, so I used the solid gem die to cut the shape out from a black cardstock panel.  I also cut out the "you're a gem" sentiment, carefully saving the inside pieces from the o, r, and a so that I could add them back when I assembled the card.  After I backed the black panel with a slightly larger silver mat, filling in the negative space left by the die cut sentiment, I decided to add the gem to the cutout space using foam tape for dimension.  The matted piece was adhered to a black card base to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Gem die set (Concord & 9th); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. oh i love the black and silver!! you always make CAS look so easy....... which it isn't in my world :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips