Monday, October 7, 2019

I Pick You

I Pick You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a fall themed design using the Harvest Mouse stamp set.  The pumpkin-toting mouse image was colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching die.  I used foam tape to adhere the die cut image to a round panel that is half blue (sky) and half green (grass).  The circle was centered inside an orange Single Stitch Line Circle Frames die cut positioned near the top of a kraft card base. Once the image panel was in place, I filled in the scene with a shimmery white die cut cloud and stamped the set's "I pick you" sentiment just to the left of the mouse image.  I adhered an orange plaid cardstock strip to the cardfront beneath the image panel. I topped the plaid panel with a contrasting red scalloped strip with the same stitched detailing as the frame around the image.  Now that I look at the card again, I probably should have gone with an orange scalloped strip for a more unified look...

Materials Used:
Harvest Mouse stamp set, Factory Green cardstock, Harvest Mouse, Meant to Bee, Stitched Scallop Edges, and Single Stitch Line Circle Frames dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); Spooks-Bwa-ha-ha patterned paper (SEI); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips