Tuesday, May 5, 2020

You've Bean on My Mind

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a coffee themed design using MFT's cute mini to go cup dies and a coffee themed stamp set for the sentiment.

You've Bean on My Mind card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsI used cardstock scraps and the Mini Cafe All Day die to cut the to go cups.  After adding some shading to the edges of the cup and lid, I assembled the pieces on green pierced circle die cuts using foam tape for dimension.  The circles were adhered to the left side of a cheery piece of patterned paper with circles on it to mirror the circles behind the to go cups.  The bottom of the bottom green circle was trimmed off to be even with the straight edge of the patterned panel.

I stamped the "you've bean on my mind" sentiment from the Coffee Break stamp set on a golden yellow fishtail flag strip and placed the flag over the bottom to go cup, again using foam tape for dimension.  A second golden yellow banner was tucked beneath the top to go cup. The finished panel was adhered to a yellow card base to match the fishtail flag strips.

Materials Used:
Coffee Break stamp set, Sour Apple cardstock, Mini Cafe All Day, Pierced Circle STAX, and Fishtail Flag STAX  dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Dutch Mustard Soup 6x6 paper pad (Jillibean Soup); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips