Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Have a Totally Delicious Birthday

Have a Totally Delicious Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a cupcake for the focal image using MFT's Cupcakes and Sprinkles die.  The base of the cupcake was cut from gold foil cardstock.  I cut the top from pale pink cardstock, then inked it with pink distress inks to add some depth.  Both pieces were adhered to a pink stitched circle die cut using foam tape for dimension.  I die cut the cherry from cardstock scraps and added it to the cupcake using more foam tape. To make the cherry shiny, I coated it with Glossy Accents--and even managed to not smudge it before it dried all the way!  The pink circle was adhered off-center to a large red circle placed at the left side of a pale pink card base.  The "have a totally delicious birthday" sentiment from the Sugar Coated Sentiment stamp set was stamped on an extended red Slanted Sentiment Strips die cut and adhered over the bottom of the cupcake using more foam tape. I thought about adding a few enamel dots or sequins as accents, but in the end, left the design clean and simple.

Materials Used:
Sugar Coated Sentiments stamp set, Cupcakes and Sprinkles and Slanted Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick distress oxides, Glossy Accents (Ranger); Pink Pirouette and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch and Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); stitched circle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Great take on the sketch Lori! Love that yummy looking cupcake!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips