Monday, July 6, 2020

You Are Simply the Best

You Are Simply the Best card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used Copic markers to color up a sweet bouquet from MFT's Mother's Day Bouquet stamp set for my focal image.  The colored image was cut out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  For the background, I covered a cardfront with a pink and pale yellow plaid background and topped it with a white angled panel edged with rose cardstock to pick up the pink in both the patterned paper and the bouquet.  The bouquet was added on top using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the "you are simply the best" sentiment from the Bitty Thanks and Gratitude stamp set on a narrow yellow fishtail flag strip and positioned it beneath the bouquet.  Another fishtail flag strip was tucked beneath the raised angled panel, right under the top of the bouquet.  A trio of pink matte enamel dots arranged around the sentiment strip completed the design.

Materials Used:
Mother's Day Bouquet and Bitty Thanks and Gratitude stamp sets, Essential Fishtail Flag Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic);Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Bright Buttercup cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Hometown Summer 6x6 paper pack (Pink Paislee); pink matte enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips