Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Hello I Miss You

Hello I Miss You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch challenge.  I combined the sketch with one of the current Summer School lessons--ombre.  I found an array of blue green cardstock pieces in various color values and used them to make a gradient of colors on a white cardstock panel. The darkest, most saturated shade is at the top and as the strips move from top to bottom, the colors become lighter and less saturated.

For the sentiment, I used a cursive "hello" die to cut three pieces.  The pieces were layered for dimension, then adhered over the bottom strips.  The "I miss you" sentiment came from the More Essential Sentiments stamp set.  I inked a longer sentiment selectively to get just what I wanted!  The finished panel was adhered to a card base matching one of the darker strips of paper.

Materials  Used:
More Essential Sentiments stamp set, Thanks and Hello dies (My Favorite Things); Versafine Clair Nocturne ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Tropical Teal and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Ocean cardstock (Recollections); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

I Am Grateful for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

 
This is my final card for MFT's current Summer School session.  It's for the lesson on white space, even though there's no white in sight!  My design is based on a layout from the current Paper Craft Crew challenge. I represented the layout's two triangular elements with a pair of leaves cut with MFT's Wild Greenery dies.  The die cut leaves were arranged at the bottom of a lighter green card base.  I topped them with a narrow kraft cardstock strip stamped with the "I am grateful for you" sentiment from the Bitty Thanks and Gratitude stamp set.  A trio of brown enamel dots arranged around the leaves and sentiment strip completed the design, which while not white, has plenty of white space!

Materials  Used:
Bitty Thanks and Gratitude stamp set, Wild Greenery dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); brown enamel dots (Doodlebug Design); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch! Very pretty card. Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are lovely. Both have such great graphic design sense. Thank you so much for joining in the fun at Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful CAS card using this sketch!! Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips